Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Been busy.

    So, I finally had my court date for the bullshit charges brought against me by the wonderful state of Maryland. I didn't fare too well. I'm pissed about it. I mean, fact is, if I had not been on my scooter, it would have never happened. And THAT, my friends, is discrimination. It's also just life and I have gotten used to being treated unfairly based on my general aesthetic. I mean, there is NO denying the fact that I got pulled for going 57 in a 55 zone on a holiday weekend where most people on the road were doing 70mph or better. I'm over it now...I'll move on.
    After court (which took waaaay longer than expected and caused us to miss more than half of the Specials set) Jenn & I stopped at this awful diner and ate some crappy food. Not saying we didn't like the place or it was anything less than we expected, contrarily, it was precisely what we expected. That is NOT it pictured on the left. I wish is was that cool. So then we headed the rest of the way up to NYC. Got a hotel room in Jersey City (just across the river) and caught the last 30 min or so of the Specials set. They were awesome. We were bummed that we didn't see the entire show, but that's life, ey? Afterward, we met some cool Canadians who just so happened to be scooterists and friends of friends (small world). We dropped by one of the after-parties and proceeded to get schlotzkied. As a bonus, I ran into some old NYC friends as well.  (that's my Jenn in the hotel room before we went out)
    The next day was spent (and I don't use that word lightly $$$), in SoHo, NoHo, and on St.Marks place, eating good food, drinking, and shopping. My good friend, fellow scooterist, and Ska extraordinaire rode her scoot down from her casa up town and as a trio we shopped, drank and ate, until we literally dropped. (on the left is me in my new hat that Jenn got for me in the Ben Sherman store) We made some loose plans the night before to go out to Brooklyn to see the Business play but decided to spend the remainder of the evening in the hotel just sleeping and spending time together (ha ha, Jenn and I, not Maya). 

    On Friday we drove down to Bordentown and picked up Hudson and Marisol, then headed back to VA. We all crashed hard at my folks house then Jenn went to RVA the next morning as she had to work. The kids and I had a great day together on Saturday,throwing around the football, playing games, etc. On Sunday I drove them back up to NJ and then drove myself back to VA.
    Monday morning started with my usual trip to MCV for light treatment, then off to Thor's house to install new rear brakes on my scoot. Preceded by a quick run to Broad street to apprehend a crack-head who stole a friends cellphone, then later that day I went to work.
    On Tuesday I went back to MCV and had surgery. Yes, it seems the batteries on my shock box (my internal cardioverter defibrillator) had died and I had to get it replaced. So, here I am. Tired and in pain, but happy and well. (that's a pic of my shock box on the left)

2 comments:

  1. jervaise brooke hamsterMay 8, 2010 at 10:47 AM

    Jenn is such a stunningly gorgeous bird, Sam you`re a bloody lucky sod.

    ReplyDelete