Thursday, August 18, 2011

Some of the food I've cooked in the restaurant since I started working there...

North Carolina Tamales: A steamed collard green, wrapped around sweet corn and cheddar polenta And smoked N.C> style barbecue (which was , smoked, chopped, and sauced in house).



Locally grown Figs stuffed with artisan Gorgonzola cheese and wrapped in hickory smoked bacon then roasted to sweet, savory and gooey perfection.


This is the "cooker" we smoke our pork butts in to make the N.C. BBQ. We are doing a batch tomorrow that we will take out Saturday to chop and sauce. MMM MMM!


Here is a photo of a photographer from the Times Dispatch taking a photo of another photographer from the Times, who is taking a picture of food from our restaurant for a write up we recently had in the weekly Food section.

1 comment:

  1. I've had the tamales and they are excellent. I would like to have more of them very soon. And I don't even like BBQ really :)

    ReplyDelete